Want Happier Employees? Feed Them

by Evil HR Lady on February 27, 2013

You can do a lot of really complicated and/or expensive things to boost morale… or you can just buy your employees lunch. Really.

Seamless, a company which, admittedly, specializes in making it possible for your company to order lunch, has a new survey out that demonstrates that the way to an employee’s heart is through the stomach.

To keep reading click here: Want Happier Employees? Feed Them

Charlotte February 28, 2013 at 1:06 am

Where’s the data on what the HR people are ordering?

Evil HR Lady February 28, 2013 at 6:40 am

I think the HR people order lots of alcohol and chocolate. (Says the Mormon HR lady who doesn’t drink at all.) :>)

I can ask if they have it broken out by function, but I think they just have it by industry.

Interesting, anyway!

class factotum February 28, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I like what Fr Andew Greeley said about a meal where he served chocolate appetizers, chicken mole, and a chocolate dessert.

He said he had made a vow of chastity but that he sure wasn’t going to give up chocolate.

Evil HR Lady March 4, 2013 at 12:58 pm

I think I like him.

Charlotte March 1, 2013 at 1:32 am

It really is..I’d never have thought to break it down by that. But I think you’re exactly right…we like our sweets and alcohol in HR. Brownies, anyone? :)

Jeff M March 1, 2013 at 11:01 pm

This HR guy’s most common lunch is Pho, although any good sandwich comes a close second.
Our office is well stocked with snacks- granola bars, nuts, trail mix, top ramen, canned soups, etc. It’s well appreciated and I think does keep people productive.

Elizabeth West March 1, 2013 at 3:37 am

Yum! My old job catered lunch for us at our quarterly meetings. Even if it was just pizza, it was still nice not to have to drag food in that day. :)

John C March 2, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Hah!

Not where I’m at. Buying your people lunch is one of the fastest ways for supervisors to get the evil eye. The only thing worse for supervisors here is to NOT have at least one member of their group on Positive Discipline – no matter how strong the team. (It’s a sign of weakness, you know…)

Evil HR Lady March 4, 2013 at 12:59 pm

John,

That sounds like a place that’s a joy to work at. Blech.

moving to washington DC April 14, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Hello! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
Is it hard to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about making
my own but I’m not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks