My Comment of the Year

by Evil HR Lady on February 25, 2016

Everyone once in a while, I get a comment that is so fantastic that I have to share it in its own post, because otherwise you’ll miss it, and miss the opportunity to respond.  This was made today to My boss doesn’t understand that I have kids, which was published way back in 2012.

Other than to say I find it amusing that your friendly reader left this comment on a blog written by a working woman, I leave this comment to you without commentary.

To be fair, society isn’t even supposed to WORK this way! Women are supposed to stay home and take care of the home and children while the men at work – whom should also be able to make more than enough for them all.

And don’t give me that bullcrap about women wanting equality and feminism, it’s all propaganda because the bankers could only tax the working men at the time. Women these days have allowed them to become manipulated into debt-based servitude and the original post in merely a symptom of a much serious issue we’re facing in society today.

This society is rapidly declining and it’s no surprise with the family unit constantly under attack. You can thank the world bankers for this disaster in our evolution. What a waste of potential and life.

Get it through your thick heads, people. Aim for a traditional family structure and go back to how things used to be! This cannot go on forever!

Jon Hyman February 25, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Amen! Finally, an intelligent reader. I’m so glad he took the time to share his thoughts. Now, if we can only get rid of all the minorities, gays, and non-Christians, we’ll be set. If only I were a woman so that I could be married to this peach.

I’ve been doing this long enough not to be surprised by anything, but, yes, this gem was definitely worth its own post.

Evil HR Lady February 25, 2016 at 3:19 pm

I suspect his employer will be contacting you about a sex discrimination case they are having.

Amy February 25, 2016 at 1:52 pm

Dear Commentor-

Since I am thick headed, you are going have to explain to me your logic again. My family doesn’t have any debt or “keep up with the Jones” so why can’t I work because I enjoy the challenge my job provides?

Thick-headed, un-indebted woman

Also a woman. February 25, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Because ovaries.

Michelle February 25, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Oh goodness…that was a good one! I actually laughed. But in all reality, there are still people out there like this. To each his own and he is entitled to his opinion. Just so glad it does not have an impact on me or my life!

Beth February 25, 2016 at 2:44 pm

It’s a good thing you didn’t post this on April 1 — no one would have believed that it was a real posting. SMH

Annie February 25, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Wow. Gee Ward – does June know you wrote this? How are Wally and Beaver doing? Is it ok for women to go to college? Only if they major in home economics, right? What about teachers, nurses, and other “historically women dominated” fields? Only single ladies can hold those jobs? A mommy’ job is to be a mommy? Welcome to 2016 Mr Cleaver. My husband and I both work so that we can both pay off our student loans. Our own parents didn’t pay for our college educations. We work to pay off our home in 15 years. We work so that we can send our children to a private catholic school. We work so that we can afford to take vacations with our children. My family wouldn’t be happy living in a 900 sq ft apartment, with one car, and eating Kraft Dinner three nights per week. We wouldn’t be happy if we were unable to take our children to Disney at least once. So we both work, our children go to a church run daycare, and we are happy. I’m sorry for your wife- if you have one. I hope you allow her to wear shoes and leave the kitchen occasionally.

Evil HR Lady February 25, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Why would June know Ward wrote this? Silly women aren’t allowed to use the internet. Duh.

grannybunny February 25, 2016 at 5:02 pm

On behalf of the late Ward Cleaver, I take offense. June may have been a stay-at-home mom — back then, they were called “housewives” or, more often, simply “wives” — but Ward’s comment would have been much better-written.

Mockingjay March 10, 2016 at 8:21 pm

What’s interesting is that Barbara Billingsley was a working mom. I believe Donna Reed was as well.

Katie February 25, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Um, banks tax us? Have I been evading mine this whole time? Whoops!

Evil HR Lady February 27, 2016 at 4:03 pm

That’s because you’re a silly woman.

sam February 25, 2016 at 5:51 pm

So…I’m supposed to go find a man to enslave myself to, giving up my own financial independence and become entirely financially dependent on the generosity of someone else? Should I also let him vote for me? While we’re at it, maybe we can go back to the days (which were not that long ago), when women couldn’t get mortgages or open bank accounts, or inherit property?

I can’t find it right now, but there was an op-ed in the NYTimes a few years ago, written by a woman who had done just what this idiot suggested. She gave up her career and became a full-time stay-at-home wife/mother. Not only that, she had been someone who basically evangelized that sort of life and looked down on women who worked. And then after 30 years her husband was gone (I honestly can’t remember if he divorced her or died). She was left with basically nothing. And no job. And basically had to start from scratch at an age when she should have been retiring.

I swear, every time I start thinking about some of the downsides of being a singleton, something comes along to remind me that the main downside will occur once I’m already dead and no one finds my body until my cat has eaten her fill – and that’s really someone else’s problem.

Susanne February 25, 2016 at 6:18 pm

This guy’s a hoot. Once he gets that comedy routine polished up it’ll kill! Nah, seriously, I bet he has an awesome job and a beautiful wife and kids who cheer to see him arrive home each night. Or, maybe he lives in his parents’ basement. Or under a rock. Clearly, he has time to read posts from 6 years ago and make comments like this, so he’s got everything all in order.

Troll. In every sense of the word.

SnowYin February 25, 2016 at 6:34 pm

Ops, I forgot the woman’s purpose on earth is to have babies, and nothing else. I better go pop a few out before this guy gets me in trouble with the “Traditional Family Structure” Police.

Ed Holder February 25, 2016 at 7:25 pm

He had me with “world bankers”, and lost me with “evolution”.

louise February 25, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Bless that troll’s heart.

Sara February 25, 2016 at 8:14 pm

I’m not sure whether to laugh, cry or be scared out of my mind. The only hope I have is that eventually these people will all die off. Even though there are young crazy people like this as well, it is getting better.

Slippy February 25, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Now that is a very skillful troll post. Usually your average internet troll won’t go to the effort to put thought or effort into their post but this one seems a cut above.

Troll 1 Everyone else 0
Bravo! /tips hat

fposte February 25, 2016 at 10:21 pm

I like the mistaken use of “whom.” I’d say more, but I have to send my taxes off to the world bankers.

AG February 25, 2016 at 11:31 pm

Susan – I’m disappointed at this commenter’s lack of 21st century perspective. I’m also disappointed by your choice to award him the pulpit. We can make fun of him all we want, but by highlighting his voice, you are giving him the megaphone. I’d prefer your posts highlight your message rather than endorsing the hijacking of your forum. I don’t always agree with you, but I come here for your reasoned perspective. I hope you take that comment with the respect with which it was intended.

– AG

AG February 26, 2016 at 2:02 am

And I’m totally embarrassed by spelling your name wrong, Suzanne. I apologize.

Evil HR Lady February 27, 2016 at 4:04 pm

Eh, it’s amusing. We all need a laugh from time to time.

IsraeliPrincess February 26, 2016 at 6:38 am

When dealing with a knuckle dragging Neanderthal like this winner I always revert back to one of my favorite phrases “No ovaries, No Opinion.” In reality, he is just jealous he doesn’t have a woman at home who can (or wants) to take care of her man.

mer February 26, 2016 at 12:46 pm

I think he missed the root cause: allowing US women the vote. Look at history, it all went downhill from that point. Prohibition, stock market crash, World wars.

And before anyone gets their panties or ovaries in twist,

I’m just kidding.

Jeanne February 26, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Commenting on a post from 2012 shows he doesn’t quite understand how the internet works. With his writing skills, I’m wondering what job he has that will support his family.

I get sick of people idealizing the past. Were there no poor people when women didn’t work? Was it better that women died in childbirth? How far back are we going?

Elizabeth West February 29, 2016 at 9:43 pm

I AM CRYING LAUGHING

Somebody’s conspiracy theories are showing!